It’s hard to believe that summer is over! Back to school is a busy time for students and teachers alike. The ‘To-Do’ list can feel overwhelming: New stationery, new school books, new school supplies, to name a few!
One thing you’re probably not thinking of at the moment is your school yearbook. But getting ahead on yearbook planning can help you build a successful yearbook and stay on task. We’ve put together this checklist to help keep you on track, and build an awesome 2019 / 2020 yearbook.
Back to School Yearbook Staff Checklist
- Find A Yearbook Company – Before you can get started on your yearbook, you’ll need a yearbook company. At YearbookLife, we’ve been providing an easier yearbook design process for almost two decades. We’ve removed a lot of the stress of the yearbook process with our easy-to-use yearbook design software, great customer care, training and technical support assistance.
- Recruit Your Team – A great yearbook is created by a great team. You’re going to want a team of reliable volunteers to help. In the beginning of the school year, put the word out that you’re looking for teachers and parents to help with the yearbook.
- Get Organized – You’ve put the call out for your team, now it’s important to understand the areas you’re going to need help in. Marketing of the yearbook, photography, proofreading and layout are just a few of the tasks that you’ll need to tackle.
- Budget Considerations – Think about your yearbook budget. You’ll want to consider the cost of the yearbook, how much you’re going to charge buyers, and how you’re going to pay your yearbook provider.
- Set Sales Goals – Set yourself sales goals for your yearbook. Establish a sales strategy. Will you need to consider fundraising for your yearbook? Having a clear idea ahead of time will make the process far smoother.
- Page Ladder – We know, it’s not as exciting as picking candids or deciding on yearbook theme ideas. But the page ladder is an essential part of the yearbook creation process . You can use last year’s yearbook as inspiration, or you can start fresh.
It’s always a great idea to get a head start on your yearbook planning. But we’re giving you one more reason to get ahead: our Back to School Sale. Get our lowest prices of the season by signing up today. But hurry, our sale ends on November 1st, 2019! Request your yearbook sample and price quote today.