USE ADOBE INDESIGN™ AND CREATE YOUR YEARBOOK LIKE A PROFESSIONAL!
Adobe InDesign is a desktop publishing software application that can be used to create posters, flyers, brochures, and, of course, yearbooks. It also supports export to EPUB and SWF formats to create e-books and other digital publications – this will help once your yearbook is ready for submission. Licensing fees may apply.
FEATURES & BENEFITS OF ADOBE INDESIGN™
- Enhanced cross-media publishing
- Enhanced integration with Adobe design, web, and digital reading applications
- Enhanced productivity tools including “smart guides, rapid table creation, multiple-file placement, the ability to create pages of different sizes in a single file, and streamlined object selection and editing.”
- Enhanced text composition including “styles, text wrap, the Paragraph Composer, OpenType® support, and drop caps. Include headlines that span or split columns without a separate text frame.”
- Enhanced creative tools such as “integrated drawing tools, built-in Adobe Photoshop effects, finer transparency controls, and support for 3D Photoshop artwork.”
- Enhanced preflighting and production
- Automation, InDesign™ Markup Language (IDML, an XML-based file format), and tight integration between Adobe software for collaboration.
- Liquid Layout automatically adapts content when you change the layout, such as new page size or orientation.
- Alternate Layout lets you design for different devices all in the same file.
- Link content within or across documents so a change in one updates the others.
- Content Collector tools make it easier to gather up content from one document to reuse in another.
- Create form fields within InDesign before export to PDF.
- Split window view for side-by-side comparison of layouts in same document.
- Middle Eastern language support, Persistent text frame fitting option, Grayscale preview, Recently used fonts at top of font list, Pages panel enhancements, Grayscale PDF export, Export to PNG, enhancements to several other features.
Your FREE YearbookLife design kit includes an instruction manual and access to access to exciting artwork and template libraries to assist you in creating a unique yearbook. A PDF Creation Instruction Booklet and CD are also included in your kit to guide you through PDF creation.
(Previous experience with desktop publishing software is highly recommended for this plan.)
If you would like to learn more about using Adobe InDesign™ to create your yearbook, or if you would like to speak to a YearbookLife representative, please don’t hesitate to contact us today!